Now that SimCity is finally offline, it looks like it can properly modded and the Mods are starting to pop on Simtropolis.
The Current state of the SimCity 2013 Mod Community on Simtropolis, As of 3.26.2014;
Simtropolis by the numbers...
- 76 Mods - and modders are updating these all the time.
- 6 Buildings - mostly growables & transportation for now.
- 215,636 - number of mod downloads since 4.2013.
- 65,247 - number of building downloads since 9.2013.
Mod Highlight: MaxisGuillaume having modded 6 mods himself. Including the Extended Worker Data in Rollover Mode. Screened below, which can show many workers each Civic, commercial and industrial can have. Along with displaying how many shoppers and tourist commercial can have. And the same for residential buildings, as it shows the current number of workers, shoppers and kids and students.
Screened on the right, the mod features online global market in game access. And with offline play comes 20+ trends to view in game.
All trends work just the live global market panel with the change rate too!
New To Mods?
Installing mod is fairly easy. Beginner Steps Below.
- Download mod - From Simtropolis is recommended.
- Unzip/extract files to the SimCity Data Folder.
- This folder is located in the Origin Games Folder in under program files in windows.
- After locating this folder find the SimCity Data folder in the SimCity folder to extract to.
And here's the offline promo video/tutorial for the new offline mode.